After a two-year gap, the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE) is back. This is a leading event that brings together the European business aviation community. It will be held in late May in Geneva, Switzerland, and promises to be a well-attended and comprehensive event that looks at the current operational and technical trends in the industry. Flightworx will certainly be in attendance.
GUIDES FOR AVIATION
- A Short Guide to FBO’s – the Dos and Dont’s
- Current Risks to Aviation
- How Air Cargo is Revolutionising the Global Economy
- The Cost To Operate A Private Jet
- Infrastructure For Sustainable Aviation Fuel
- Why There Is A Need To Improve Aviation Industry
- Emergency Flight Charter
- Diplomatic Flight Operations
EBACE in Geneva in May 2022
Conferences and other in-person events have, of course, suffered during the pandemic. Chances to get people together have been few, and although many events have taken place online, most would agree that these are just not the same. Having the chance to meet, listen, see products, and network in person is much more valuable.
With this in mind, it is excellent news that EBACE will once again be going ahead in 2022 – as an in-person convention. It will be held over three days from the 23rd to the 25th of May in Geneva, Switzerland. With the events in 2020 and 2021 cancelled due to COVID-19 and restrictions, this will be the first event since 2019. It is jointly hosted by the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) and the US-based National Business Aviation Association (NBAA).
Bringing together leading business aviation companies
EBACE attracts a wide range of companies, individuals, and agencies working in the field of business aviation. This will include aircraft manufacturers, avionics and technology companies, aircraft charter and lease operators, flight department personnel, and government department and officials.
The convention offers an opportunity for companies and professionals to listen to current work and industry trends. There will be a program of talks, presentations, workshops, and fixed exhibitions from over 250 companies.
Of course, no aviation exhibition would be complete without aircraft displays. EBACE will feature almost 50 aircraft (in a close-by exhibition area) from manufacturers including Airbus ACJ, Boeing BBJ, Bombardier, Citation, Cessna, Dassault, Embraer, Gulfstream, Honda, Pilatus, and Piper. Qatar Airways will also be displaying its executive Gulfstream G600 jet.
A program focused on important current trends
A focus of any event such as this is to discuss and think through the events currently facing and shaping the sector. So much is changing in the industry at this moment – some of the main topics that panels and discussions will focus on include:
- Operational challenges of the coming months – especially as the industry emerges from the pandemic and into a new operating normal.
- Challenges and risks posed by the current events in Europe and Russia.
- Fuel efficiency and fuel reduction techniques (including reducing fuel burn and optimization in flight planning and routing).
- The shift towards and adoption of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) – including updates on support from business aircraft and engine manufacturers.
- Developments in Advanced Air Mobility (AAM), including adopting a safe and suitable infrastructure.
- Market trends and preferences for aircraft purchase in 2022 and beyond.
EBACE 2022 looks set to be a great event. With all the challenges of the past two years and shifts in way of operating going forward, a chance for the industry to meet and share is vital. Flightworx is looking forward to attending, meeting other companies, and sharing our experience and insight. We hope to see you there!