The Operations Manager is responsible for oversight and management of the Operations Department, and accountable for ensuring the highest levels of operational support is delivered to our clients that fall under the operations remit.
Working collaboratively with other members of the Operations Team, and autonomously where required, the role is to ensure that all operational planning and dispatch activity is delivered promptly and accurately and in compliance with our quality and safety policies and those of the operators we support. You will be pivotal in developing and deepening relationships with some of Flightworx’ biggest clients, ensuring that our operational delivery continuously flexes to meet their requirements.
As a member of the Flightworx Management Group, you will be expected to deliver effective performance management, support staff with any welfare issues and in their learning and development, as well as leading on recruitment, succession and business planning for your team and by making a positive contribution to the overall development of the company and its success.
Management and Leadership
- Providing strong direction and leadership for the Operations Department. Demonstrate sound business planning for the continual development of operations activity for Flightworx as directed and required by Flightworx senior management.
- Overall accountability for the safe and timely delivery of the daily flying programme for the Operations Team; ensuring that Supervisors have all planning and dispatch activity effectively prioritised and delivered through the team to the highest standards.
- Advising and guiding team members on key operational tasks related to and including FTL, crew rostering, crew training, licencing records and validations, flight planning, permit requirements and procurement, slots, ground handling and fuel arrangements, scheduling, quality and safety and ensuring all Supervisors do likewise to assist all Operations colleagues in the delivery of their duties.
- Stepping in to cover duties as required to ensure the continued delivery of operational requirements. Conducting comprehensive handovers with Deputy Operations Manager and Supervisors as required and in particular prior to and upon return from any periods of absence from the office.
- Accountability for promoting and maintaining best practice and compliant use of the SMS systems, PROPS, LEON scheduling, PPS and Jeppview flight planning, AFTN, SITA and CFMU systems across the Operations team; ensuring that any safety issues are raised promptly through the company SMS, investigated as delegated by the Quality department and dealt with effectively across the team.
- Accountability for Operations staffing; planning to ensure adequately qualified and numbers of staff are on duty during published hours to meet and deliver operational requirements.
- Promoting compliance and safety best practice throughout the Operations Team. Accountability for ensuring that the full remit of flight dispatch activity is regularly checked for compliance with Operations LPM standards and procedures – prior to and post the dispatch of a flight – either directly or through the Deputy Operations Manager or Supervisors. Effective maintenance of the Operations LPM.
- Ensuring that staff on duty deliver all other elements of their work in compliance with relevant published local procedures – either directly or through the Deputy Operations Manager and Supervisors.
- Accountability for ensuring the prompt and accurate completion of trip billing sheets by all Operations staff to ensure a smooth billing process for Flightworx and our clients.
Client Relationship Management
- Accountable for maintaining and developing the relationships with all Operations clients. Providing a principal point of contact for each operator who are not assigned a CAM, and maintaining regular liaison with key client stakeholders. Taking responsibility for rectifying any issues or problems raised by any client coordinating action across Flightworx departments as appropriate.
- Accountability for ensuring that communication between all Flightworx departments and with clients is effective and timely to help achieve Operations Team and client requirements and priorities.
- Arranging and attending any client meetings and Flightworx Management meetings. Contributing positively to the discussion and taking any required follow up action
- Sharing and maintaining on-call emergency coverage out of normal shift hours during periods when rostered on duty.
- Motivating and encouraging all Operations colleagues in order to provide a positive working environment for the team and the company.
- Providing support, coaching and mentoring to Operations colleagues, particularly for new joiners to the team.
Learning and Development
- Assisting in arranging and delivering Induction, developmental and recurrent training for new and existing Operations staff. Developing key skills and training requirements for the Operations Team.
- Workforce Planning – leading on recruitment and working with the Deputy Operations Manager on succession planning for the team, presenting requirements and ideas to
Flightworx Senior Management.
- Performance Management – in consultation with the Deputy Operations Manager and Supervisors, contributing to the effective performance management of the team and the appraisal process. Conducting timely appraisals on the Operations staff and conducting regular performance reviews.
Essential Skills and Qualities Required:
- Strong decision maker
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Proven supervisory/people management experience
- Developed planning and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills and driver of people
- Ability to prioritise continually changing deadlines and tasks
- Flexible and confident with a positive approach to change and innovation
- Fluent in written and spoken English
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.