The Operations Controller is responsible for assisting the Operations Supervisor with the smooth, day- to-day running of the operations desk.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Operations Controller’s principal responsibility is to ensure that the daily flying programme is delivered fully and in compliance with our quality and safety policies and those of the operators we support. This includes proactive management of the daily workload and tasking the Operations Assistant.
• Operations/Service Delivery – overall responsibility for the safe and timely delivery of the daily flying programme for the Private/General Operations Team; ensuring that this is delivered to the highest standards in compliance with the Ops LPM.
• Operations/Quality/Safety – responsibility for your own compliant use of the LEON scheduling, Centrik SMS, PROPS, PPS and Jeppview flight planning, AFTN, SITA and CFMU systems; ensuring that any safety issues are raised promptly through the company SMS and dealt with effectively.
• Operations/Quality – promoting quality and safety best practice throughout the Private/General Operations Team. Responsibility for ensuring that the full remit of flight dispatch activity is regularly checked for quality and compliance with Operations LPM standards and procedures – prior to and post the dispatch of a flight
• Supervisory – conducting comprehensive handovers with Operations Supervisors and the Flight Support Manager during shift changeovers and prior to and upon return from any periods of absence from the office.
• Client Relationship Management – helping to maintain and develop relationships with all Private/General Operations clients. Providing a key point of contact for each operator and maintaining regular liaison with key client stakeholders. Taking responsibility for swiftly rectifying any operational issue or problem raised by any client coordinating action across Flightworx departments as appropriate.
• Communication – responsibility for ensuring that communication between all Flightworx departments and with clients is effective and timely to help achieve Private/General Operations Team and client requirements and priorities.
• Management – providing support, coaching and mentoring to Operations colleagues, particularly new joiners to the team.
• Management – motivating and encouraging all Private/General Operations colleagues in order to provide a positive working environment for the team and the company.
- Aviation operations experience desirable
- A strong interest in aviation and aircraft operations
- Strong decision maker
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly developed planning and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to prioritise the continually changing deadlines and tasks
- Flexible and confident with a positive approach to change and innovation
To apply for this job email your details to HR@flightworx.aero.